The biggest blogging event is happening on November 18, 2012 at the Makati Shangri-la Hotel.
The list of distinguished speakers include Abe Olandres, Manuel L. Quezon III, and Maria Ressa. See the full list of speakers and panelists HERE.Blogging, Blogging Event, Blogopolis 2012, Nuffnang, Social Media | Comments
Wow, it’s unbelievable!
In the past six years, I have been in the website/blogging business. I’ve helped built 2 websites and 6 blogs! Whew!
The two websites:
How I Built Websites
- Plan the content first. Map out the data, in other words. In so doing, you need to come up with a goal for your website. The goal will address the audience, the reach or niche, and will determine the timeline of your research. Having a good and comprehensive content is an important step to success. Based on experience, you don’t need an SEO if you have great content.
- Have a good structure, design, and functionality. In development, make sure that there is ease of navigation, the site loads fast, and the background, color, font (text) are easy on the eyes. An important consideration also is that the site can be viewed in different browsers (IE, Firefox, and Chrome, among others).
- Establish interactivity. For websites, it’s important that you engage your readers and when they land on your site, they are called to action. The Net is also full of resources and tips for making a website. You may want to check out http://www.
- Choose the best content management system for you: WordPress, Joomla or Drupal, among others.
How I Built Blogs
- Decide on a niche and focus on that. I am used to beginning work with an outline, and having specific topic or a niche makes it outlining easier. It’s also easier to be consistent and in the process, the blog develops a theme. A good result of this is that you become an authority on the topic that you’ve chosen. If you have authority, people seek out your blog for information.
- Update regularly. It’s important that you have fresh content regularly. I am guilty of not updating regularly lately, but when I started my blogs, I was posting every day, and then three times a week. Lately Google Panda puts importance on great original content and thus, updating can be once a month only as long as you meet the first criteria.
- Original content. People or readers go to your blog if you have original content. You can find a lot of resources on the Net on how to come up with original content. Foremost is that out of the gazillion information and data on the net, make your own spin on these info. This will make your content uniquely yours.
Easy does it. If I can do it, you can do it, too. Best of luck guys!
Blog Awards, Blog Contest, Blogging, Twinings Personali-Tea Test | Comments
Are you a tea drinker? Did you know that more than a thousand tea drinkers have already taken the personali-tea test in Facebook?
Find out your personality type by taking our Twinings Personali-Tea test. You’ll also find out the Twinings tea that’s perfect for your personality. Take the TWININGS Personali-Tea test now!
It’s not just that! Just by sharing the application (via the “share with friends” button) and having 5 of your friends take the Personali-Tea Test, you’ll get 1 out of 10 chances to win a box of White Tea weekly.
And if you share the application to 20 of your friends and they participate in the Personali-Tea Test, you’ll get 1 out of 5 chances to win a 4 compartment caddy with Twinings products weekly.
What’s more, all of you will get a chance to win an Apple iPad!
Promo duration is from Feb 27- May 20 (12 weeks).
No need to worry about picking up the prizes since all these prizes will be sent directly to your doorstep!*
What are you waiting for? Take the Twinings Personali-Tea test now and share with your friends on Facebook!
*within Philippines only
And the winners are:
- Apparel / Fashion Category – UkayManila.com
- Art Category – Pinoybiswalstyle
- Association / Organization Category – National Council on Disability Affairs
- Auction / Shopping Portal Category – Auction.ph
- Automotive Category – AutoIndustriya
- Beauty Category – VMV Hypoallergenics
- Blog – Corporate Category – Nuffnang Philippines
- Blog – Personal Category – Flair Candy
- Blog – Professional Category – New Media Philippines
- Books Category – OMF Literature
- Community Category – Cebu Bloggers Society and Proudly Filipina
- Computer / Consumer Electronics Category – Villman Computers Philippines
- Corporate / Professional Category – LevelUp!
- Events / Conferences Category – Philippine Blog Awards
- Food Category – Patay Gutom
- Games Category – My Brute Cheats
- Gifts Category – Gifts2Pinas
- Government – Official Website of Zamboanga City
- Guides / Review Category – Spot.ph
- Jobs / Employment Category – MyNimo
- Magazine Category – PC World Philippines
- Music / Movie/ Film Category – TitikPilipino
- Newspaper Category – Inquirer.net
- Politics Category – Filipino Voices
- Real Estate Category – CDORealEstate.com
- Restaurant – Centerstage Family KTV and Resto Bar
- School / University Category – De La Salle University – Manila
- Social Networking Category – Noypf Pinoy Social Network
- Telecoms / Value Added Services Category – Smart Communications
- Tourism Category – Experience Philippines
- Travel Category – Pasyalera
Check out DigitalFilipino Web Awards 2009 website for photos and more updates.Blog Awards, Blogging, Digital Marketing, DigitalFilipino E-Commerce Summit 2009, eCommerce | Comments
This year, The Philippine Blog Awards organization truly lived up to its theme, “One Blogging Nation” by recognizing bloggers in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. For that, my congratulations!
I checked out their blogs, and they all deserve to receive the awards.
Here’s to more successful blogging years and industry in the Philippines!Blog Awards, Blogging, Events, Philippine Blog Awards 2009 | Comments
Blogging, DigitalFilipino E-Commerce Summit 2009, eCommerce, Events | Comments
Doing E-Commerce for Real!
The DigitalFilipino E-Commerce Summit 2009 is an intensive 2-day educational seminar on e-commerce strategies scheduled to take place on November 12 & 13, 2009 at the Hotel Intercontinental, Makati City.
We hope to make this an annual event that will provide an additional venue for learning among DigitalFilipino club members.
The event will focus on best practices (what to do, what not to do, execution, measurement) and we would like to have a great roster of resource persons who can share their insight & lessons learned.
We requested speakers to deliver talks on a big-picture perspective (keynote-style) discussing findings and insight that they haven’t mostly shared before but still reflective of their respective experiences.
We are targeting 150 to 200 participants for this event. Main audience will be DigitalFilipino club members, DigitalFilipino Web Awards past and current entries/winners, DigitalFilipino Social Networking Awards winners, SMEs, enterprises, and entrepreneurs at large.
This event is also targeted at:
- Entrepeneurs and business owners – Get insight from fellow e-commerce practitioners on what approaches they have taken to expand their business online and the challenges they overcome.
- Managers – Find out marketing and operations strategy, e-commerce practitioners embraced that worked and didn’t.
- Investors and business development consultants – Get insight that will allow you to see and/or validate opportunities that can be worth exploring in your current or potential investment portfolio.
- Educators and consultants – Based on experiences shared, get an idea on what critical skills and resources will be important for e-commerce aspirants to make it online.
TEN BEST POSTS OF THE YEAR
Karnabal by Tuyong Tinta ng Bolpen
Finding Your Soul Mate: A Statistical Analysis by Guttervomit
Lost Gems Of Philippine History: The 1896 Board Meeting by It’s true! It’s true!
The Diving Boys of Quezon Bridge by Dennis Villegas
Twenty Pesos by Lostphotograph
The way of the leaf by SMOKE
Portrait of a dramatic highlight in Nick Joaquin’s A Portrait of the Artist as Filipino by Gibbs Cadiz
Kaya Dumarami ang Bading Kasi… by Manila Gay Guy
The Parable of the Furry White Rabbit by Good Times Manila
The Amazing Bulul: A Story of Epiphany by The Cat Whisperer
Best Technology Blog – Jaypee Online
Best Travel Blog – Langyaw – Sojourns and Off-the-Beaten Path Travels
Best Entertainment Blog – Lessons From the School of Inattention
Best Personal Blog – Writing on Air
Best Food & Beverage Blog – Table for Three, Please
Best Family & Living Blog – Make or Break
Best News & Media Blog – Virtual Journals
Best Business Blog – Negosyo Ideas
Best Sports Blog – Fire Quinito
Best Hobby & Recreation Blog – Bearbrick Love
Best Fashion Blog – Who is Elyoo?
Best Photoblog – I Am a Documentary Photographer
Best Culture and Arts Blog – magnetic-rose.net: Japanese Pop Culture for Filipino Fans
Best Commentary Blog – The Marocharim Experiment
Best Videocast Blog – Entrepbuff.com
Best Podcast Blog – Brink Notes Entertainment Daily
Best Humor Blog – The Professional Heckler
Best Gaming Blog – Blog Mike Got Game!
Best Advocacy Blog – Autism Society of the Philippines
Best Beauty Blog – The Doctor Is vaIN
GLOBE SPECIAL AWARDS
Congratulations to the organizers of PBA ‘09!
As PBA this year is looking at “One Blogging Nation,” catch PBA Visayas Awards Night on October 18 at Ayala City Sports, Cebu City, and PBA Mindanao Awards Night on Oct 24 at Pearlmont Hotel, CDO.Blog Awards, Blogging, Events, Philippine Blog Awards 2009 | Comments
Blog Awards, Blogging | Comments
There’s never a dull moment reading Let’s Go Sago! I enjoy reading his travels and discoveries along the way. In the process, I learn.
I wish Sago all the best!
This is an exciting time for bloggers. One blog award after another is happening.
Yesterday, the Philippine Blog Awards 2009 announced its finalists for the nationwide category.
The blogs that made to the final list are all deserving. So check each one out!
I Am On the Streets didn’t make it to the finals, though, but to qualify for a nomination is good enough.
The awarding is happening on October 9, 2009. In case, you can’t attend the event, you can watch it live online on flippish.com. Here’s an ad of the PBA 2009.Blog Awards, Blogging, Philippine Blog Awards 2008 | Comments