Wow, it’s unbelievable!
In the past six years, I have been in the website/blogging business. I’ve helped built 2 websites and 6 blogs! Whew!
The two websites:
How I Built Websites
- Plan the content first. Map out the data, in other words. In so doing, you need to come up with a goal for your website. The goal will address the audience, the reach or niche, and will determine the timeline of your research. Having a good and comprehensive content is an important step to success. Based on experience, you don’t need an SEO if you have great content.
- Have a good structure, design, and functionality. In development, make sure that there is ease of navigation, the site loads fast, and the background, color, font (text) are easy on the eyes. An important consideration also is that the site can be viewed in different browsers (IE, Firefox, and Chrome, among others).
- Establish interactivity. For websites, it’s important that you engage your readers and when they land on your site, they are called to action. The Net is also full of resources and tips for making a website. You may want to check out http://www.
- Choose the best content management system for you: WordPress, Joomla or Drupal, among others.
How I Built Blogs
- Decide on a niche and focus on that. I am used to beginning work with an outline, and having specific topic or a niche makes it outlining easier. It’s also easier to be consistent and in the process, the blog develops a theme. A good result of this is that you become an authority on the topic that you’ve chosen. If you have authority, people seek out your blog for information.
- Update regularly. It’s important that you have fresh content regularly. I am guilty of not updating regularly lately, but when I started my blogs, I was posting every day, and then three times a week. Lately Google Panda puts importance on great original content and thus, updating can be once a month only as long as you meet the first criteria.
- Original content. People or readers go to your blog if you have original content. You can find a lot of resources on the Net on how to come up with original content. Foremost is that out of the gazillion information and data on the net, make your own spin on these info. This will make your content uniquely yours.
Easy does it. If I can do it, you can do it, too. Best of luck guys!