Germany’s No. 1 Langnese Honey is now in the Philippines
I think most people know that real honey has a lot of health benefits. I remember when my kids got a year older, their pediatrician recommended that I put honey in their water to boost their immunity as well as encourage them to drink more water.
Looking back, I wonder if what I gave my children were pure unfiltered honey. Because when Dr. Cleofas Cervancia, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus at UP Los Baños, shared the results of UPLB’s Bee Program’s physicochemical analysis of commercial honey from selected supermarkets in Metro Manila, out of 39 samples (ie. 14 local brands and 25 imported brands) only two (2) samples passed the European Union Directive (EU Directive 110/2001). Whoa!
The samples were tested for moisture content, pH, electrical conductivity, reducing sugars, apparent sucrose, and HMF or Hydroxymethylfurfural. HMF determines if the honey is subjected to overheating and stored poorly. Therefore, adulterated or low quality honey is high in moisture content, high HMF, and high apparent sucrose.
So when Fly Ace Corporation launched Langnese Honey last week, we really learned a lot about how our honey should be. Langnese is an old brand in Germany, which many households had been using.
Honey is considered one of nature’s sweetest gifts from nectar that’s collected by bees and naturally broken into simple sugar. With the constant fanning of the bees’ wings, evaporation takes place in the unique design of the honeycomb that produces the thick, syrupy liquid we now know as honey. Interestingly, the color and flavor of honey is an indicator of its type of flower nectar collected by bees, thus leaves consumers with more flavor options.
Here are five facts that make Langnese Honey a game changer, rebooting your appreciation for high-quality honey:
1. Highest quality and purity since 1927. Langnese Honey is a family-owned brand for nine decades; it is also a reputable market leader with a seal of approval from Germany’s Honey Ordinance and European Standard Basic Principles that strictly requires the safest and unadulterated quality. Meaning, it should be raw, unfiltered, and residue-free, with a limit of between 16% – 21% water content only. With Langnese Honey, it doesn’t only surpass these requirements, its name is a seal of guarantee that nothing is added nor removed from it!
2. No short cuts and no compromise. Ever wondered what makes Langnese Honey truly satisfying? Its serious commitment to quality and purity puts a premium importance on selection and processing, market analysis, coupled with direct and long-standing relationship with the beekeepers in the countries of origin. Much more, it also boasts a plethora of certifications from International Featured Standards (IFS) Kosher, and Halal that are true marks of its reliable source.
3. Pollen-packed and certified safe. Did you know that when a honey comes back negative for pollen test, it’s a sure sign of ultra-processing? That shouldn’t be the case, according to the makers of Langnese Honey Fürsten – Reform’s Export Manager Mark Baumgärtner, “Absence of pollens in the honey means there’s no way to determine whether the honey came from legitimate and safe sources, as verified as well by the German Honey Directive and World Health Organization. Langnese Honey mindfully takes into account the latest scientific findings using modern technology and unfiltered process that effectively determines the origin and type of honey.”
4. Chic and convenient. Featuring a honey dispenser technology famously known as “Bee Easy”, this chic and convenient packaging is also guaranteed no drip and no stickiness in every serving. Available in 250 g and 500 g PET dispensers, it’s also well loved by kids who find fun and enjoyment with their food. What’s more, you can take delight as you please, as its five yummy flavors might be the best you’ve ever tasted.
5. Five decadent flavors for all types of fete and feasts. Aside from Langnese Honey’s credible process and source, there’s none quite like its well-balanced, rich, and golden flavors that’s arguably highly nutritious! Considered a staple for its subtle and mildly sweet taste, Acacia is the ultimate breakfast companion that lends character to teas, cereals, and desserts. Golden Clear on the other hand, offers a sweet antidote to dips, salads, cocktails, and hot drinks, or to just about anything. Meanwhile, cooks and foodies can never go wrong with Black Forest that’s surely a luscious ingredient from the straightforward to the flashy recipes. While Wild Flower is pretty much suited for sweetening all types of food and beverage, it makes breads and pastries tastier and way healthier instead of refined sugar. Last but not the least, Lavender is also lovely for sweetening all types of beverages like tea and is a luscious spread on breads.
“Fly Ace Corporation is proud to welcome Langnese Honey in the Philippines, as we reinforce our commitment to bring the best of the world’s food and beverages to the Filipinos.” concludes Fly Ace Corporation President Jun Cochanco. “When it comes to honey, there’s a reason why Langnese has been around for decades and a consistent market leader all these years–its name is the ultimate representation of what a real and reliable honey should be.”
Fly Ace Corporation is one of the leading food and beverage consumer goods companies in the country today. Propelling limitless multiple-category growth by bringing the best of the world closer to Filipino homes, Fly Ace Corporation’s portfolio of food and beverage products includes house brands and exclusively distributed brands. Learn more at www.flyacecorp.com.
Langnese Honey is exclusively distributed by Fly Ace Corporation and is available in supermarkets nationwide.
Let’s stay connected, find AmOnTheStreets on Facebook.