Metro Manila and neighboring towns Bulacan, Rizal, Laguna, and Cavite are still recovering from Typhoon Ondoy (Ketsana), and another typhoon is heading its way here.
This early, Typhoon Pepeng (Parma) is described as a super typhoon, packing winds of 150mph and it’s heading toward northern Luzon.
Help us pray that Pepeng (Parma) weakens as it nears land!
As I write now, rains are starting to pour in Makati. Plurkers also share that it’s beginning to rain in their areas (Quezon City and Pasig). Yet, more help is needed in the calamity areas. If you have more to give, visit these drop-off points:
- Team Manila stores in Trinoma, Mall of Asia, Jupiter Bel-Air and Rockwell shall be accepting relief goods (Canned Goods, Ready-to-drink Milk, Bottled Water and Clothes) for distribution by Veritas.
- Aranaz Stores in Rockwell & Greenbelt is accepting donations of any kind for Payatas communities affected by Ondoy.
- Papemelroti stores in 91 Roces Ave. / Ali Mall Cubao / SM City North EDSA / SM Fairview / SM Megamall / Glorietta 3 in Makati / SM Centerpoint / SM Southmall are accepting relief goods (canned goods / milk / bottled water / clothes – NO CASH pls.)
- Petron: You may bring your relief goods to all Petron branches.
- LUCA stores (Rockwell, Shang-rila, Eastwood, or GA towers): Send your old clothes & donations (no cash pls).
- MOONSHINE boutique in Rockwell also accepting relief good to help Ondoy victims in Marikina and Cainta.
- MINISTOP IBARRA (Espana cor. Blumentritt, Sampaloc Manila) is also accepting relief goods, Food (non-perishable goods only) Clothing, Medicines, Beds, Pillows, Blankets, Emergency Supplies to help Typhoon Ondoy victims.
We learn after every experience.
We learn that we are strong.
We learn that we are smarter than the test.
We learn that we have the capacity to sacrifice to help others who are in need more.
We learn that humans have no strength against nature’s wrath.
We learn that our local governments are not ready to help us in times like these.
We learn that trauma is hard to overcome.
We learn that hardheadedness won’t get us anywhere.
Most of all, we learn that our Lord and Savior offers us refuge anytime!
The situation is heartbreaking. But the support from all over the world has come pouring in as fast and as strong as the flood waters were. The goodness of the human heart again emerges.
Below are sites that lead you to where you can send in your donations for Typhoon Ondoy victims or help find missing persons.
- ABS-CBN’s Sagip Kapamilya
- Ateneo Task Force Ondoy
- Ayala Foundation US
- American Red Cross
- The Accidental Teacher
- Dumaguete Residents
- GMA Kapuso Foundation
- Gossip Gehl
- Here’s to Life
- Philippine Aid
- Sour Politics
- University of the Philippines
If you know more links where people can send in their donations, please do share here.
As the streets of Metro Manila were submerged by flood waters, this pedestrian didn’t have the heart to shoot photos or record videos.
Be safe everyone!Current Events, Donations for Typhoon Ondoy victims, Typhoon Ondoy | Comments