If you are managing an event hire or party hire company, getting the most business out of hotels can do a lot for your business. Some hotels will even use some event management companies exclusively if they are extremely impressed with their skills and techniques. Hotels are a very good source of business because they hold many events themselves, and they are often the location for many other guest’s events. Getting recommended when someone else is booking space in a hotel, or being presented as the exclusive events management and hire for a particular hotel, could be a huge source of income. Here we look at some strategies to build your event hire and event management company business through hotels.
- Presentation. Being in the events business, you should already know the importance of presenting yourself to clients. Each hotel may have its own personality, and adjusting your presentation each time is probably advised.
- Online Marketing. Getting your message out with online marketing can be very effective. Most top hotels are using social media to market themselves, and you should join in the conversation. Remember not to be selling yourself, but to use your skills and knowledge to add valuable content for their online viewers. By doing this, you will raise the profile of your business and also benefit their business and online users and guests – a great way to get attention.
- Networking. Physical face-to-face networking is always the best way to get to know, the people you need to know, in business. Industry and hotels events and activities should be the focus of your marketing drive. Again, you don’t want to be selling yourself hard when you meet the right people. You should know the people you are looking to meet, and when you do, present yourself in a friendly and professional way.
- Portfolio. Building a portfolio is always important. You should be producing the best audio and visual materials for your social networking and self-promotion. It is often the quality of a presentation that defines the perceived quality of any company. If you don’t have the skills to produce your own in-house materials, outsource where necessary.
- Define Your Services. It is important to define what services you offer. Simply stating you are an event management company is just not enough. Event planners and clients may need a range of services, from managed equipment hire and operation, audio and visual production, marketing, online marketing and PR. They may also need help with speech writing, for example. Breaking up and clearly defining your skills and tools is very important to show you have a composite solution for any potential guest.
Event marketing is all about people. How you manage your own personal relationships will be the key to getting more business. The industry is competitive, and it is the managers who have the best and highest number of relationships with decision makers, who prove to be the best.
This year, The Philippine Blog Awards organization truly lived up to its theme, “One Blogging Nation” by recognizing bloggers in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. For that, my congratulations!
I greeted first the winners in Luzon. Now it’s time to greet the winners in the Visayas and Mindanao.
I checked out their blogs, and they all deserve to receive the awards.
Here’s to more successful blogging years and industry in the Philippines!
Valentine’s Day is a big red-letter day here in the Philippines. So as early as January, couples and even groups of friends already book their activities.
If you’re still deciding where to go or how to spend your Valentine’s Day, here’s a list.
- Happy Vanilla Valentine at Devarama Spa, Dusit Thani Hotel – Smooth subtle scent of floral vanilla bath (30 minutes), followed by deep cleansing vanilla colada body scrub (30 minutes), then capped with a relaxing vanilla and patchouli aromatic massage (90 minutes). The package is Php5,800++ per person and Php10,400++ per couple. For inquiries and reservations, call (632) 867-3333 or email at email@example.com or visit www.devaranaspa.com.
- Sweet Valentine at Sulo Hotel – On Feb. 13, enjoy a pre-Valentine Romantic Candlelit Eat-All-You-Can, Sit Down Dinner at the Cafe Paraiso, or at the Sushi Bar’s Japanese for My Sweet Promo for only Php1,200. net per person. On Feb. 14, have a lunch at Cafe Paraiso and dinner buffet with more than 50 varieties of delectable cuisine. Meals come with complimentary roses, sunflower and gifts, special heart-shaped chocolates, plus a chance to win a romantic vacation for two (2) in Baguio City. For inquiries and reservations, call (632) 924-5051 to71, or visit www.sulohotel.com.ph.
- Valentine Getaway at One Tagaytay Place – Cozy deluxe room accommodations, breakfast, and dinner for two (2) with a glass of wine, all for only Php5,600 net. Couples will get surprise gifts with freshly baked goodies from Rowena’s Delicacies and a chance to win on-the-spot raffle prizes from The A. Venue Hotel Suites and Outback Steakhouse. Add only Php800 for an upgrade to a classy 1-bedroom suite with the same perks. For inquiries and reservations, call (632) 584-4111, (632) 8188318, or visit www.onetagaytayplace.com.
- Suite Surrender at Discovery Suites – For the whole month of February, couples can enjoy special accommodations in a Junior Suite. Accommodations include breakfast for two at Restaurant 5 and an exotic 60-minute massage treatment at Terra Wellness Spa. All this for Php7,250 nett per night. On Valentine’s Day, enjoy the “Fire & Ice” treat at 22 Prime, where you get to taste a special 5-course dinner for Php1,295+ per person inclusive of a flute of sparkling wine and long-stemmed roses for the ladies. Or couples may want to go “That’s Amore” dinner buffet on Feb 13 and 14 at Restaurant 5. Here they can enjoy Iltalian classic dishes and premium wines with matching old-country music plus sparkling wine and long-stemmed roses for the ladies. All this for Php850+ per person. For inquiries and reservations, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Valentine Suite and Sweets and Wine and Dine Your Valentine at Renaissance Makati City Hotel – From Feb 13 to 15, couples can choose from any of the 598-room deluxe hotel and get a special rate of US$165. That includes buffet breakfast for two at M2M (morning to midnight), and a choice of between a buffet dinner for two at M2M or a Php2,500 dinner voucher for creative Continental restaurant Bocarinos or at the newly opened fine Cantonese restaurant Jasmine. A complimentary glass of bubbly wine, red or white wine tops off the meal at Php1,382 per person. For more information and reservations, visit www.renaissancehotels.com.
- Red Letter Day at Taft Tower Hotel – Couples can enjoy room-rate promos for only Php2,600 in deluxe rooms. The promo comes with two glasses of red wine and a long-stemmed rose or a gift that men can give to their special someone. For inquiries and bookings, visit www.taftowerhotel.com.
- Stay in Love… A Deluxe Romance at Hotel Vida – Couples can have an enjoyable evening at their junior suites with a candlelit dinner at the veranda and a breakfast-in-bed the day after for only Php7,750 nett. The men can also take their special someone to Salt Coffee Shop. For inquiries and reservations, email email@example.com or visit www.hotelvidaclark.com/fuegohotels.com.
Philippine Daily Inquirer, LifeStyle Section. January 31, 2009.
Manila Bulletin, Travel & Tourism. February 1, 2009.