Yes, it’s the 6th State of the Nation Address (SONA 2015) of President Noynoy Aquino, and his last. As expected, the reception of the SONA depends on whose side you are. But here is a good account of important issues that are not being addressed yet.
As for me, here are my pluses and minuses of the SONA as a cursory bystander member of the citizenry.
- His loud and active program of “matuwid na daan,” eliminating corruption has made people wary of committing graft and corruption. It has set the atmosphere of transparency.
- His litany of programs/projects he has done with his cabinet members shows that he was doing something to improve the plight of Filipinos and the economy of the country. I know for a fact, that he and the relevant agency is supportive of some programs of the private sectors.
- He actually has good and and qualified people in his ranks, who I know are working toward the “matuwid na daan.” And from a management standpoint, recognizing these people and their work is a good and inspiring thing.
- His loud and active program of “matuwid na daan,” however, is partial to scalawags close to him.
- He is not telling the real status of the programs that he has embarked on. Let us take Department of Education as an example. Despite DEPED’s claims as being ready for K+12 program, the teachers claim otherwise. Despite DEPED’s claims to have addressed the shortage of classrooms, school officials say otherwise. Despite DEPED’s claim that the teachers are ready for the K+12 programs in terms of skills, the teachers say otherwise.
- He claims of foreign investments but still there is no proof of foreign direct investments.
- As expected, he cannot acknowledgment that the previous administration despite its faults, has paved the way for some, if not most, of his successful projects to date.
- Simply put, his administration has failed to address the basic services of the country, and he did not make heads roll for that.
And for the militant groups out there, I think you are overdoing it. In this day and age of high technology, you do not need to be in the middle of the action to prove your point. Why can’t you obey the rules and launch your rally on your designated areas??? In the process, you only earn the ire of the people.
Let’s stay connected, find AmOnTheStreets on Facebook.