Metro Manila and neighboring towns Bulacan, Rizal, Laguna, and Cavite are still recovering from Typhoon Ondoy (Ketsana), and another typhoon is heading its way here.
This early, Typhoon Pepeng (Parma) is described as a super typhoon, packing winds of 150mph and it’s heading toward northern Luzon.
Help us pray that Pepeng (Parma) weakens as it nears land!
As I write now, rains are starting to pour in Makati. Plurkers also share that it’s beginning to rain in their areas (Quezon City and Pasig). Yet, more help is needed in the calamity areas. If you have more to give, visit these drop-off points:
- Team Manila stores in Trinoma, Mall of Asia, Jupiter Bel-Air and Rockwell shall be accepting relief goods (Canned Goods, Ready-to-drink Milk, Bottled Water and Clothes) for distribution by Veritas.
- Aranaz Stores in Rockwell & Greenbelt is accepting donations of any kind for Payatas communities affected by Ondoy.
- Papemelroti stores in 91 Roces Ave. / Ali Mall Cubao / SM City North EDSA / SM Fairview / SM Megamall / Glorietta 3 in Makati / SM Centerpoint / SM Southmall are accepting relief goods (canned goods / milk / bottled water / clothes – NO CASH pls.)
- Petron: You may bring your relief goods to all Petron branches.
- LUCA stores (Rockwell, Shang-rila, Eastwood, or GA towers): Send your old clothes & donations (no cash pls).
- MOONSHINE boutique in Rockwell also accepting relief good to help Ondoy victims in Marikina and Cainta.
- MINISTOP IBARRA (Espana cor. Blumentritt, Sampaloc Manila) is also accepting relief goods, Food (non-perishable goods only) Clothing, Medicines, Beds, Pillows, Blankets, Emergency Supplies to help Typhoon Ondoy victims.